Archive for category Pro Life
A Beautiful Day In San Francisco for LIFE
Sisters of Life Help Lead the Way in San Francisco
Our Team Was Out in Force as Well
1.7 Miles of Humanity for Life!!
It is difficult for those of us who are Pro Life to understand how anyone could work for Planned Parenthood or other abortion mills much less volunteer to stand guard to fend off the advances of our sidewalk counselors to their “clients/victims”. We are oftentimes tempted to verbally engage the volunteers in debate and even with derision. When we are tempted to “fly off of the handle”, we need to remember the following:
- John 1:12: “But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name”. The workers and volunteers of abortion mills are but one step of faith away from receiving salvation by excepting Christ as their Savior and living a life that is not mired in the blood of innocent lives.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19: “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?” Often the volunteers and workers of the abortion mills believe they are serving a higher purpose by “helping women” through abortions. Their ignorance can only be overcome by the Holy Spirit dwells in each of us. Our prayers and fasting can cause these lost souls to seek the Holy Spirit and allow him in their heart and realize that “they are now of their own.”
- 1 Corinthians 3:23: “…and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.”: The workers and volunteers of abortion mills have the potential of being one with Christ and thus one with God. It is our role as Christians to facilitate those lost in this dark world of abortion to come to Christ by our prayer and most of all by our example of love and compassion for the mothers contemplating abortion, post abortive parents, and the workers and volunteers of abortion mills.
- John 1:7: “There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.…” God sent John the Baptist to lead the way for Christ to be accepted as the Light of the World. So are we sent to shed the Light of Christ to those who volunteer or work for abortion mills. The abortion mills cannot exist without workers and volunteers. By keeping our eyes on the CROSS, by maintaining our focus on the truth that only Christ could purchase our salvation, and by humbly addressing the workers and volunteers, can we dare to hope that the Holy Spirit will open their hearts to Christ and turn them away from their culture of sin and death.
The volunteers or workers you encounter may be one prayer away from their own salvation. They may be struggling with the irrationality of helping by killing! They probably have some experience in their life with Christianity, some positive, some not. We need to make sure our witness is for the Light of Christ and not for our own hatred of the sin, thus turning away the sinner. How many of us have used the phrase, “There but for the Grace of God go I.” Well, picture yourself in the shoes of the abortion mill workers and volunteers. There life is probably not all roses. Your prayer, fasting, kindness and courtesy will go a lot farther than your derision…
If you are not aware of “And Then There Were None”, download the link below. This is a program you can use to entice workers away from their life of death. They even offer help in offsetting the loss of salary for those who choose to leave Planned Parenthood. The organization was founded by Abby Johnson who used to be a Director of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Texas. She is now a staunch supporter of Life and is now working with “40 Days for Life” and other organizations promoting the end to abortion.
Click on this link to learn more: ATTWN-Brochure-Black and White
It is really disheartening to see exit polls that show that people who are self-professed Pro Life supporters say they voted for a candidate who is PRO ABORTION. On Tuesday, November 5th, 2013, a Pro Life Candidate, Ken Cuccinelli, lost the Virginia gubernatorial race by a very slim margin. He was narrowly defeated by Pro Abortion, Pro Obamacare, Terry McAuliffe. Only 55,387 votes out of a total 2,333,840 votes kept the Pro Life candidate from winning. That is 2.4% of the total vote!
The Pro Life Candidate was defeated by Pro Life Voters!!!!!
The sickening part is that exit polls show that:
- 13% of Virginians (138,600 voters) who think that ABORTIONS SHOULD BE OUTLAWED voted for a PRO ABORTION CANDIDATE!
- 17% of Virginians (181,245 voters) who think that ABORTIONS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL IN MOST CASES voted for a PRO ABORTION CANDIDATE!
- The Pro Life candidate, Ken Cuccinelli, could have won easily if the Virginia Pro Life voters would have voted their conscience.
- This election is not an isolated case where Pro Life advocates vote for Pro Abortion Candidates. But it has to stop here.
Our opposition, the PRO ABORTION crowd is not so timid or disorganized. Planned (no) Parenthood president Cecile Richards said that defeating Cuccinelli was Planned Parenthood’s top priority! PP Spent over $1,000,000 in October alone to defeat Cuccinelli blasting him as dangerous to Women’s Health! All the while, McAuliffe was caught on tape stating that, “If elected, he (McAuliffe) would issue a directive to unilaterally allow abortion clinics that do not meet state health standards to remain open.” McAuliffe is all for Kermit Gosnell style butcher factories remaining open in the name of “Women’s Health”. Just a reminder, Pennsylvania ignored abortion factory health violations that ultimately led to Gosnell’s life sentence for murder and the brutal slaughter of countless late-term abortion babies.
We are heading into another meat grinder of an election year in 2014.
Find out which candidates are Pro Life and which are Pro Abortion.
For the sake of this nation, vote for the Pro Life candidate, PERIOD.
Don’t be fooled by AARP, Planned Parenthood, or any other organization’s spin regarding Women’s Health issues. Abortion never enhances a woman’s health and in all too many cases damages the women physically and/or emotionally for life.
Make no mistake, Obamacare promotes and pays for Abortions, PERIOD.
All Politicians who support Obamacare should be voted out by Pro Life advocates, PERIOD.
It is counterproductive to participate in a 40 Days for Life event, or to support your local Non Abortion Pregnancy Centers, or volunteer for Rachael’s Vineyard reconciliation efforts if you keep voting for Pro Abortion Politicians. WAKE UP NOW! For the sake of the unborn saints in waiting…
Society today glamorizes free expression of sexual activities from preteens to adults. This often results in pregnancies that were not planned and by societies standards, “inconvenient”. Then society glamorizes the ease of getting an abortion and going on with your life. But can you, and do you? Society has deliberately hid the ugly truths experienced by women, and men, who have opted for abortion as the way out of the pregnancy. The ugly truth that haunts you is, “I killed my (our) baby”. The saddest truth is that this is irreversible!
The only studies our secular society will tout are those where they perform exit interviews of women and men who have just underwent an abortion that say I feel relieved; or, that was the best decision I could have made; or that they feel no adverse psychological effects from the abortion. The sad truth is quite the opposite and may only manifest itself weeks, months or years following the abortion due to the repression of the physical and psychological trauma of abortion and the killing of another human being, one that shares your DNA! Once the realization sets in that “I killed my baby”, society does not want to hear of this trauma and the men and women only have alcohol, drugs, depression, compulsive behavior, guilt, loneliness, a series of failed relationships, suicidal tendencies, and other deep-seated feelings of sadness and self loathing. Our secular society and its abortion mills offer no Perinatal Loss Teams to support the millions of men and women suffering from the effects of abortion. We rightfully have deep-seated emotions of support for our military men and women who return from battle with various forms of “Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome” from either witnessing killing, or actually engaging in the killing of other human beings. Why then can’t we have these same deep-seated emotions of support for the Women and Men who suffer alone after not only killing another human being, but their very only child?
Is there Hope after “I Killed My Baby”?
Absolutely! The first step is to take the first step, and reach out to a member of your community who participates in providing “Rachael’s Vineyard” counseling in your area. You need to know that these are people who care, who know your pain, and who will never judge your past actions. Their only goal is to reach out to you to help you to begin your healing and reconciliation process. They know that the pain and suffering you are experiencing is real and that the only way to return you to emotional and spiritual health is through kindness, compassion, and helping you through a program to restore your emotional and spiritual well-being. Rachael’s Vineyard, and similar organizations, are your only option for a personal “Perinatal Loss Team” that will stand by you through your restoration and reconciliation process.
Why is this kind of program necessary? It is simple, human beings are emotionally bound to loved ones and must grieve the loss of the life of loved ones:
- Even that life is of the babies they have never met but helped to create,
- The life of a baby carried in their womb for a period of time,
- The life of a baby that resulted in physiological and emotional changes to ones own body and soul that were the result of the pregnancy,
- The life of a baby that you consciously or subconsciously calculated the expected delivery date of that new life growing in your body,
- The life of a baby that you may have given a name in your own thoughts,
- The loss of the life you have grieved for over and over on the anniversary of the abortion that took that life.
There is restoration, reconciliation and forgiveness after abortion. Many Christians have undergone or been a party to an abortion and now feel estranged from their beliefs, their God, and the Christian Community. Don’t let those feelings deter you from contacting Rachael’s Vineyard or similar organizations as those are the very feelings they can help you cope with and work through to full restoration, reconciliation and forgiveness. No one affiliated with these organizations will ever judge you or what you have done in the past. Remember what the apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians, 5-17, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.” And then he said in verse 19, “…namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.…
But I am not a Christian? Can I contact Rachael’s Vineyard? ABSOLUTELY. The Rachael’s Vineyard program is for any woman or man who have had or participated in an abortion.
Don’t Suffer In Silence any Longer by Yourself!
Contact Rachael’s Vineyard through their website: http://www.rachelsvineyard.org, or by Telephone: 866-482-LIFE (866-482-5433)
If you live on the Central Coast of California,
Contact Respect Life Carmel, http://www.RespectLifeCarmel. Com, Carol Dominguez, (831-620-2796)
Don’t Suffer Alone Any Longer, Call Today,
“40 Days for Life” is an ADVOCACY EVENT FOR LIFE, and not a Protest Against Abortion which is why it is so effective in shutting down Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities. The Event does not match the perception of the media’s portrayal of a “Pro Life Protest” where violence and intimidation is used to “scare” potential abortion clients. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Each event day and night is spent praying for the babies; praying for the mothers and fathers; and praying for the abortion clinic workers. The participants each include fasting in their vigil to further the spiritual experience of the event and to adhere to scriptural teachings regarding fasting and prayer. Interaction with potential abortion clients and clinic workers is respectful, and uplifting.
This year 44 abortion clinics have closed down across the country including very large and active facilities such as NOVA Women’s Healthcare in Fairfax, Va.. This clinic alone performed 3,066 abortions in 2012. Overall, the closings represent a 68% increase in surgical abortion clinic closings from 2012 to 2013! There are three primary reasons for the closing of these clinics:
- Local Pressure For Legislation: State Legislatures are being pressured to act against the proliferation of abortion and to enact laws limiting when abortions can be performed and under what kind of facility conditions and staffing. 48 of the 50 states considered 360 Pro Life laws this year with 69 such measures actually passing by States in 2011 and 2012. The new laws include limiting abortion to the first 24 weeks of a pregnancy to imposing logical, medical safety requirements on abortion clinics.
- An Upsurge in Pro Life Activities Lifting Pro Life Acceptance: The majority of Americans continue to favor abortions limits, 52% versus those who favor abortions without restrictions, 26%. 20% still feel that abortions should be outlawed altogether. Taken as a whole, 72% of Americans favor either doing away with abortion or applying limits to abortion. These trends are on the upswing as more Americans are engaging in prayerful Pro Life events such as 40 Days for Life. Abortion horror stories like the ones about convicted abortionists Kermit Gosnell fuel America’s disgust for these barbaric practices.
- A Significant Decline in the Abortion Rate: Events like 40 Days for Life awaken potential clients to the alternatives to abortion. Many of the 40 Days for Life group maintain a year around schedule of vigils outside of abortion clinics on the days abortions are scheduled and performed. The lower number of abortions per clinic lowers the profitability of each clinic making it harder to keep their doors open in spite of taxpayer subsidies. Pro Life Pregnancy Centers are very effective in converting abortion leaning women into keeping their babies and choosing life. Our goal needs to be to drive potential abortion clients towards our Pro Life Pregnancy Centers where the mothers can receive unfettered access to their babies sonograms and physical vital signs. When that happens, the babies become real and the decision for life reaches a 75% level.
it is easy to get involved. Go to http://www.40daysforlife.com/ to find upcoming events in your area. If you are on the Monterey Peninsula, go to http://www.40daysforlife.com/Seaside and sign up to participate in our fasting, prayer and vigil activities. Check with your local church or synagogue to see what Pro Life ministries they may have in your own church or synagogue. If you are on the Monterey Peninsula, go to http://www.RespectLifeCarmel.com and find links to events, activities and Pro Life facilities in our area. You are not alone and there are more Pro Life people in your community than there are pro abortion.
Hat Tip: Gallup: http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx
During a Pro Life sidewalk vigil, a young man shouted from his pickup, “What about Rape or Incest, are you going to punish the woman twice?” Obviously Pro Life advocates have no intention of compounding the trauma of violent rape and incest for the victim.
But it does beg the question, just how prevalent are pregnancies due to rape and incest, and, is abortion a better choice for the victims?
After two weeks of research, I can tell you that neither side of this debate is all that forthcoming. But, using FBI, CDC, RAINN, pro-choice writers for the Science Journal and other sources and studies, here is my best analysis. (Sorry for the direct descriptions for some of the forms of assault but it is critical to the understanding of the issues.)
Discussion of Pregnancy due to Rape and Incest: (Note, 90% of all sexual assault victims are girls women but 10% are boys or men)
The CDC estimates that there are over 625,000 incidences of Sexual Assault and Incest. Their definition of Sexual Assault includes harassment, fondling, rape of various types, etc.. In other words, it includes groups of assault that cannot result in pregnancy. The only rape or incest that can result in pregnancy has to involve vaginal penetration during or just prior to ovulation, and unprotected ejaculation by a fertile male assailant. Assume that the girl or woman was ovulating and the unprotected ejaculation took place. What are the other factors that would prevent pregnancy or would have made it impossible: (1) (2) (3) (4)
- The woman was using some form of birth control, pills, shots or IUD.
- 93% of women of childbearing age use some form of birth control
- 80% of sexually active teenagers use birth control;
- The woman was post-menopausal. (10-14% depending on statistical source)
- The girl was prepubescent. (15% of all sexual assault are on girls 12 and under)
- The victim was administered a “morning after” pill if she went to a hospital
- The victim was not ovulating at the time of the attack and the hospital gave the women a drug to prevent ovulation.
The RAINN organization estimates that 3,200 pregnancies occur per year due to incest or rape. The American Life League study of rape and incest puts the average number of pregnancies at 554. This is a huge disparity pointing to the need for more recent and accurate data regarding incest, rape, pregnancy and abortion. Most studies cite other studies conducted back in the early 1990s and early 2000s. Be that as it may, using the higher number to justify abortion is a complete fallacy. Add in the fact that half of the victims have an abortion (1,600), 32% keep their baby (1,024), 6% adopt their baby out to other parents (192), and 12% have miscarriages due to the rape trauma (384), this means that only .12% or 1 in 825 pregnancies take place due to rape or incest. Many of the 1,600 victims had no counseling regarding their choices, the potential impact on their long-term emotional wellness nor post abortion counseling to deal with emotional consequences of having the abortion, or the life choice may have been higher.
It is pretty sad that we cannot provide the 1,600 rape or incest victims who abort their child with a balanced counseling regime prior to any life or death decision has to be made on behalf of the baby. It is an automatic knee jerk reaction of the pro-choice groups that a child of rape is some inherent aberrant of nature that need to be snuffed out to save humanity. How about the long-term impacts on the mental health of these mothers? Victims of rape suffer the following as a result of Rape (3):
- 3 times more likely to suffer from depression.
- 6 times more likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.
- 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol.
- 26 times more likely to abuse drugs.
- 4 times more likely to contemplate suicide.
It is obvious from these statistics that the rape and incest victims are not even receiving good mental health treatment to deal with the rape or incest, let alone piling on that trauma with the trauma of an abortion! The trauma induced by the rape or incest is exactly the same as those suffered by a large percentage of women who have undergone abortions, especially after being a victim of rape. (5) (6) While the abortion after a rape can lead to the same trauma as the rape itself, it is difficult to convince the mother that she is not at fault for aborting the baby. In the case of the rape or incest, the victim is clearly NEVER at fault. In the case of abortion, the mother is at least complicit in the decision to terminate the life of the baby.
In a civil society it is difficult to understand why we cannot provide these victims with dignity by providing them with the best psychological and physiological choices rather than a knee jerk “you have to abort now!” reaction. People wonder why a liberal such as Martin Sheen would be Pro-Life and Anti-Abortion. The answer is simple. His wife is the child of a rape victim. Sheen sees first hand that the value of the offspring is in no way connected to the tragedy of the rape or incest.
Life vs Personal Responsibility
Even the one of the worst crimes we can imagine as compassionate human beings, that of rape and incest, cannot justify the killing of 1,600 babies by abortion, but we continue to do so in order to justify the 1,320,000 abortions we perform annually in the US. But the real reasons behind the 1,320,000 abortions are these according to a 2005 study by Lawrence B. Finer, Lori F. Frohwirth, Lindsay A. Dauphinee, Susheela Singh and Ann M. Moor: (7)
- 25%-Not ready for a child or the timing is wrong
- 23%-Can’t afford a baby now
- 19%-Have completed my childbearing and do not want any more babies
- 8%-Don’t want to be a single mother or I am having relationship problems
- 7%-Don’t feel mature enough to raise a child or I feel too young
- 4%-Would interfere with education or career plans
- 3%-Physical problem with my health
If 93% of adult women of child-bearing age and 80% of teenagers use birth control, why can’t these 1,320,000 women, and men, (assuming only one abortion per women per year) exercise some form of control over their own behavior, and men you are just as guilty as the women, and prevent the pregnancy in the first place! Irresponsible behavior on our part does not justify the killing of 1,320,000 babies per year. Don’t try to blame this on teenagers either. 17% of all abortions are by teenagers with over 50% of the total abortions being performed on women in the 20s.
It is not about Rape and Incest!
It is time to stop kidding ourselves with all of the rhetoric about a “woman’s right to choose”. Abortion is about convenience for the women and men who abort their babies. No other species on earth violates the rule of nature that the protection of offspring and the survival of the species is the paramount force of their existence. We cast aside babies using cruel and inhumane methods just to demonstrate our “superiority”! The “Right to Life” is not our “Right”, but our responsibility to ourselves and the survival of our species, not to mention our moral duty, and our obedience to God’s commandments as Christians!
(1) http://www.guttmacher.org/in-the-know/; Review sections on contraception, abortion and teens.
(2) Pregnancies Resulting from Rape http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims:
In 2004-2005, 64,080 women were raped.9 According to medical reports, the incidence of pregnancy for one-time unprotected sexual intercourse is 5%. By applying the pregnancy rate to 64,080 women, RAINN estimates that there were 3,204 pregnancies as a result of rape during that period.
(3) http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims: World Health Organization. 2002 study
(5) David C. Reardon, Julie Makimaa, and Amy Sobie, eds., Victims and Victors: Speaking Out about Their Pregnancies, Abortions, and Children Resulting from Sexual Assault (Springfield, IL: Acorn Books,2000), 2
(6) Sandra Mahkorn, “Pregnancy and Sexual Assault. ”The Psychological Aspects of Abortion (Mall and Watts 1979), 53-72
(7) Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspective, 2005 study by Lawrence B. Finer, Lori F. Frohwirth, Lindsay A. Dauphinee, Susheela Singh and Ann M. Moor
This is an ongoing page that will be
updated periodically with news
concerning Planned Parenthood and
their Pro-Death activities…
9/3/2013: The Ross Perot Foundation to help Bail Out the Texas Affiliate of Planned Parenthood with $1,000,000!
After defrauding taxpayers out of over $4.3 Million in Medicaid fraud, the Texas affiliate of Planned Parenthood is being rewarded by The Perot Foundation with a $1,000,000 gift! Last year, thanks to Karen Reynolds, a “healthcare assistant” at the Lufkin Texas Planned Parenthood office, turned over emails and other documents that provided the foundation of proof that PP had engaged in a SYSTEMIC, PLANNED scheme to defraud Medicaid out of millions of our dollars. PP has “settled” with the Federal Government and the State of Texas for an estimated $4,300,000. Rather than the CEO and other officers of being criminally prosecuted, they are being rewarded by private charity! This is a warning sign to all of use who donate to various charities that we need to know who is in control of the money. You can now take The Perot Foundation off of your list!
8/15/2013: HHS/Obamacare Gives Planned Parenthood Another $655,192: (4)
Obamacare continues to subsidize Planned Parenthood with more “Navigation” grants intended to “train” PP staff to push Obamacare. This is in addition to the DC Obamacare Exchange grant of $375,000 below! Once again, this is a totally self-serving grant as PP will be performing abortions, handing out abortifacients, and performing sterilization procedures, then billing Obamacare for those abortions, abortifacients and sterilization procedures. As we have stated before, Health and Human Services directives have blatantly disregarded the Hyde Amendment prohibiting publicly funded abortions and are even forcing religious institutions and companies who have legitimate objections to abortions are being forced to pay for those objectionable practices and procedures.
Planned Parenthood is using its 750 US facilities to actively promote Obamacare in order to expand their business of “death on demand”! Kind of ironic when Obamacare is supposed to be about “Healthcare” and saving lives…
8/14/2013: DC Obamacare Exchange Gives Planned Parenthood $375,000: (3)
The Washington DC Obamacare Insurance Exchange has awarded the largest of their grants to Planned Parenthood, $375,000. The grant will be used to train Planned Parenthood staff to enroll people in selling Obamacare so they can enroll new customers. This is a totally self-serving grant as PP will be performing abortions, handing out abortifacients, and performing sterilization procedures, then billing Obamacare for those abortions, abortifacients and sterilization procedures. Health and Human Services directives already have blatantly disregarded the Hyde Amendment prohibiting publicly funded abortions and are even forcing religious institutions and companies who have legitimate objections to abortions are being forced to pay for those objectionable practices and procedures.
Planned Parenthood is using its 750 US facilities to actively promote Obamacare in order to expand their business of “death on demand”! Kind of ironic when Obamacare is supposed to be about “Healthcare” and saving lives…
8/10/2013: Demanded Audit of Planned Parenthood by the GAO (1):
Two members of Congress, Representative Diane Black and Senator David Vitter have sponsored and led 72 members of Congress to petition the Government Accounting Office to audit Planned Parenthood. The letter partially stated; “Taxpayer funding of the organization reached $538.5 million last year and accounted for 45.2 percent of Planned Parenthood’s total annual budget in 2011-2012.” Vitter complains that “Planned Parenthood and other organizations who provide abortions are dependent on Uncle Sam, but there is no accounting with what they are actually using the money for.”
Planned Parenthood in 2012 Generated $1.2 Billion in Revenue and received $538.5 Million from US Taxpayers! PP receives 45.2% of its annual budget from Taxpayers!!! The Hyde Amendment specifically prohibits taxpayer-funded abortions but PP has been hiding behind their contention that the “taxpayer money is not used for abortion but for other healthcare services!” They argue that money is fungible, and claim that none of the taxpayer money goes to pay for abortions, even though 92% of PP’s Pregnancy services are made up of performing abortions! (2)
Support these Pro Life Representatives by sending them a thank you note for pushing this audit:
Representative Diane Black Senator David Vitter
Washington, D.C. Washington D.C.
1531 Longworth HOB 516 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20515 Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 225-4231 Phone: (202) 224-4623
Fax: (202) 225-6887 Fax: (202) 228-5061
(2) Susan B. Anthony List, Fact Sheet, Planned Parenthood 2011-2012 Annual Report. www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/annual-report-4661.htm.