Monterey Peninsula For Life
MUST WATCH 30 Minute Video for Unplanned Every Pro-Life Advocate Must Watch
Take a stand. Save a life.
A Word From David!
A Word of Inspiration
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.— Philippians 2:5-
O Lord, help us follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Let us humbly and diligently work to restore legal protection for the unborn, the disabled, the medically dependent and all innocent children of God whose lives are threatened. Let us remember the old adage that “He can never lead who has not first learned to obey.” And, Lord, grant us a peaceful heart as we labor in your name. (from the 40 Days For Life newsletter)
Three things of note for this week:
- Sidewalk Report
- “Unplanned” the movie still showing in Salinas!
- (URGENT) Please read and sign TODAY. Stop Infanticide!
This Thursday is a Thursday Night Candlelight Prayer Vigil at 7:00 PM, rain or shine. This is our second to last Candlelight Vigil so please invite a friend. It is a solemn but beautiful time of dedication.
Better turnout last Friday morning. Business was slow at the abortion clinic. We had eleven pro-life people stand vigil between 8 AM and 10:30. Building momentum!
Side note: Please offer a prayer of mercy for Planned Parenthood volunteer Mike. We haven’t seen him in the last six weeks or so. I asked Susan, another volunteer at PP, about the whereabouts of Mike. She said his condition is “not doing well.” We pray that God might restore his soul. Enlighten him with Your truth and mercy.
Also, spoke with Officer Sweyd at the Seaside PD last week. He said it is permissible to use a chair on the sidewalk as long as pedestrians are not obstructed from passing by. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
“Unplanned” the movie still showing in Salinas!
Praise the Lord. Due to better than expected turnouts, Maya Cinema Salinas 14 has “Unplanned” listed as showing four times a day through Thursday. Heard it is a game-changer!
Here is a review from the 40 Days for Life team in Santa Cruz:
“Wow, we saw the movie Unplanned last night (standing room only) and it brings truth to light. It’s being called the definitive movie on abortion and we agree. It exposed the agenda of Planned Parenthood and at the same time preserved the dignity of the women who have been their clients. With the history, lies, and current cultural polarization, it’s hard to imagine the subject of abortion being treated with compassion. Yet here we have Abby Johnson’s story, a story of redemption and hope, not just for a person, but for a culture and generation.”
(URGENT) Please read and sign TODAY. Stop Infanticide!
National Right to Life is asking all pro life people to urge your House Member to sign the discharge petition to force a vote on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act! The House of Representatives persistently refuses to vote on protection of babies who survive abortion and are literally out of the womb. You don’t have to call anyone. Just click on the link below, read the brief article and sign on the bottom. Deadline now.
Blessings in Christ,
Support Our Pregnancy Centers
Our pregnancy centers are essential to the pro-life movement. They are under constant spiritual attack and typically run a budgetary deficit. Even if you can only donate $25, $50 or $100 per month, please do so. Auto payment makes it easy and consistent. That’s what we do. Guadalupe Pregnancy Outreach, Compassion Pregnancy Center and Confidence Pregnancy Center, all need our individual financial support. Let’s support all three.
For Info on Gosnell, the Movie, Click on the link below:
From David Brownfield, MPFL Director
I hope you had a great weekend. Happy so-to-be Mother’s Day to all you moms.
A Word of Inspiration
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool spouts folly.
Proverbs 15:1 & 2 NIV
It took me years to appreciate the wisdom in this passage. Abortion advocates want pro-life people to be angry and harsh. They view us as the aggressors. They view themselves as the defenders of women. Our harsh tone gives them the impetus to continue to fight for women’s “health choices.” The debate becomes purely emotional and pointless. For the first few years of my time on the sidewalk I was the person with a harsh tone. Its futility became quite obvious. I had to learn a new method, a biblical one. A gentle tone sidesteps the wrath of abortion advocates and offers knowledge in a way that they can actually hear. They must now address the facts. When we refuse to fit into their preconceived notion of what harsh pro-life people are like, they are left to deal with the inconsistencies in their thinking regarding abortion.
Three Things of Note
- Confidence Pregnancy Center: Tea for Life, Sunday May 19th
- Video:FOX interview “ALIVE from New York” with Abby Johnson and Clair Culwell, abortion survivor
- Tips for Sidewalk Report
Confidence Pregnancy Center: Tea for Life, Sunday May 19th
Support for women facing an unexpected pregnancy is the foundation of Monterey Peninsula for Life. One way to support these women is to support our local pregnancy centers who hold their hand and walk them the decision for life. Confidence Pregnancy Center in Salinas is having a fundraising event on Sunday, May 19th. MPFL will have a table at the event. However, so far just Ezekiel and I will be at our table with a bunch of empty chairs! If you aren’t doing anything too important come be with Ezekiel and myself in support of Confidence Pregnancy Center. Email or give me a call. 831 521-6102
Tea for Life-“All things Neapolitan“
May 19th, Sunday, 2:30 pm
$25 per person
Madonna Del Sasso/ Cross Hall, 320 E Laurel Drive in Salinas
Video: FOX interview “ALIVE from New York” with Abby Johnson and Clair Culwell, abortion survivor
Former Planned Parenthood director Abby Johnson and abortion survivor Claire Culwell talk about the pro-life event in New York City “Alive from New York” which featured live 4-D ultrasound in Times Square. If you didn’t see the event live streamed it was a bold statement from the pro life movement to the abortion advocates of the state of New York, “we are here” and we aren’t going to be silent on this issue. Let’s pray for the pro life movement in New York. Interview with Abby Johnson and Claire Culwell
Tips for Sidewalk Counseling
The information below was copied directly from Pro-Life Wisconsin: A Sidewalk Counselor’s Handbook. Although MPFL does not necessarily subscribe to one particular method of sidewalk advocacy for every person to adhere to, in general, I found their approach reasonable and worthy of consideration. Take a look …
“There are a lot of ways to sidewalk counsel, and almost all of them can be used to save lives and souls. If you’re looking to maximize your likelihood of a positive encounter on the sidewalks, here are some helpful tips. Before you go:
- Come dressed for the weather. When it’s cold, dress a little warmer than you expect you’ll need. When you’re outside more than a few minutes, you feel colder. If you’re nervous you might also feel colder.
- Don’t come dressed for a pro-life rally. Pro-life shirts can be a great way to witness, but they might intimidate those you’re trying to counsel. Dress in a modest and unthreatening manner that doesn’t reveal any “agenda” so that your loving concern for those you counsel shines through!
- Have backup. You never want to sidewalk counsel alone. Bringing a friend is important for both prayer support and safety.
- Bring your smartphone. CrisisPregnancies.org is a website specifically tailored for mobile phones. You can use it to show abortion clients ultrasound videos, the sound of a pre born child’s heartbeat, pregnancy help center information and more.
- If you have a camera, bring it, but use it with discretion. Having a camera provides you with an opportunity to document what takes place at the abortion facility (like an ambulance leaving following a botched abortion). It also can provide proof if any unjust accusations are made regarding your presence at the abortion facility. The camera on your cell phone is sufficient. Don’t use your camera to record people entering the abortion facility. It can create an adversarial relationship between you and the person you’re counseling and poses the risk of affirming an abortion decision. (Don’t feel like a camera is necessary to ensure your safety; it’s just a helpful tool.)
- Visit your local pregnancy help center. These centers are generally willing to arrange a tour if you ask (call ahead!), and you’ll be better equipped to make a referral.
- Know the abortion facility logistics. When does it open? Which days are abortions performed? What other “services” are provided? How late in a pregnancy does the center perform abortions?
While you’re there on the sidewalk:
- Know your rights and obligations. You have a right to be on the public sidewalk as long as you don’t obstruct anybody else from moving freely.
- Obey law enforcement. It’s always possible that the police may be called by the abortion facility. Even if you feel your rights are being violated, follow the police’s instructions and let an attorney rectify the situation later. This will prevent your arrest. After all, you can’t save lives if you’re in jail! Pro-Life Wisconsin can help arrange for free legal representation.
- Don’t be intimidated or afraid of trying to remember ALL of the sidewalk counseling methods, tips, techniques or facts. Memorize a few talking points and be confident sharing them!
- Don’t wear sunglasses or hoods. Direct eye contact helps you establish communication and builds trust.
- Maintain your position! As a sidewalk counselor, you want to be where you have the best view of people coming and going while having room to engage the people going in. Remain vigilant. If you are the prayer partner, you will stand back from the sidewalk counselor so you do not intimidate the client.
- Stick to the mission. You are peaceful, prayerful, helpful, joyful and appealing, attempting to win the person over to your side and recognizing that everyone involved in abortion is a victim. Exude confidence. Be serious and focus on the task at hand, avoiding socialization where possible. When you are not actively sidewalk counseling, you are in prayer or studying your materials, fortifying your efforts.
- Congratulate the woman who turns away from the abortion facility and connect her with the help you promised her.
- You are representative of the pro-life movement and Christians. Represent well.”
I especially like tip 3. under “while you’re there on the sidewalk.” Sidewalk advocacy has many facets. The topics are important and sometimes complex. “Memorize a few talking points and be confident sharing them!” That is good wisdom. Also, as we mentioned in Word of Inspiration, the manner by which you offer knowledge will speak volumes. A gentle word turns away wrath. Let me know what you think.
God bless you. Have a great week. If you have a spare hour or so we would love to see you on the sidewalk this week.
Blessings in Christ,
Monterey Peninsula For Life
Monterey Peninsula For Life
“Rescue those being led away to death.” Proverbs 24
Join our Sidewalk Ministry Outside of Planned Parenthood in Seaside, California.
Enter your contact information below and one of our Sidewalk Ministry coordinators will contact you. Your information WILL NOT BE SHARED.
Don’t be Fooled, Abortions are NOT on the Decline!
When you read articles that “Abortions are on the Decline” do not believe it! States are NOT required to include medically induced abortions, like using the morning after pill, and since abortifacients, pills that induce abortions, are available over the counter and through vending machines on campuses, there is no way to track the true number of medical abortions! Even “surgical” abortion numbers are false since California (the State with the largest number of abortions), Maryland, and New Hampshire. According to Planned Partenthood’s Guttmacher Institute:
- 1 in 4 Women in the US will have at least one abortion by age 45!
- Blacks and Hispanics will have 53% of the abortions in 2018 while only comprising 30% of the total US population!
- 62% of the women having abortions state they have religious affiliations.
- 49% of women having abortions live below the poverty line.
Separation of Families at Our Borders Versus Abortion,
The Permanent Separation
No matter how you feel about the current debate raging over separating the children of those trying to enter our country illegally, it is undisputed that the separation of a child from its mother via abortion is permanent, a violation of God’s commandment, and a scourge of our society today. In the past week, many have condemned the segregation of 12,000 children who had been apprehended at our border and are now being housed by our department of Health and Human Services, 10,000 of which were NOT accompanied by a parent or relative, while remaining silent while 17,811 babies have lost their lives to abortion. Of those 17,811 babies, none will ever be reunited with their families. Of those 17,811 babies, none will ever have the opportunity to be US citizens. Of those 17,811 babies, none will ever know the joy and pride of parenthood.
Outrage cannot be selective and moral equivalency cannot be drawn when comparing the horrors of abortion to anything else a human child can endure. We decry “water boarding” while we stay silent about the inhumane torture and death of an innocent unborn baby via abortion. We decry human rights abuses at the hands of dictators around the world while we stay silent about the inhumane torture and death of an innocent unborn baby via abortion. STAY SILENT NO MORE AND PROTECT OUR UNBORN!
Everyday Should be Mother’s Day
God’s Eternal Bond
Women have been blessed with the ultimate gift from God, Motherhood; with it, the love that springs forth from a woman’s ability to bring new life into this world; and to care, protect, and nurture their children, and all those who are blessed to know them. Motherhood is that natural giving quality God gave to only women and they in turn spread God’s goodness to their children, or if they are with or without children, to everyone they meet. God’s special gifts to women provide humanity with a yearning to protect life, care for those in need, and to spread their love to those dear to them and to those they meet only casually.
God placed a mother’s love on the same level as His own for us. In Isaiah 66:13 He taught us; “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.” Mothers, and women without child, have the unique ability to comfort those they meet in need, and the ability to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and to offer love to the loveless.
This Mother’s Day, honor your own mother but also all women you meet. Know that they have been given the gift of life from God and the awesome responsibility to ensure that life is not only created through them, but all life is nurtured and protected by them.
This Mothers Day, pray for those mothers who have or are contemplating an abortion. Consider their agony when you think about God’s gift to these special persons and their place in God’s plan. Each and every life created by God at the time of their conception is a new life made in the image of God Himself. Each unborn child that is given up to abortion is a part of God Himself and an affront to His greatness, mercy and love.
Seek Life and enjoy God’s Eternal Bond.
Monterey Peninsula for Life
45th President of the United States Donald J. Trump Addressed 46th Annual March for Life Live from the White House via Satellite on January 18th, 2019 (NCA/EWTN)
Click Below to Watch Vice President Pence, Second Lady Mrs. Pence and President Trump’s Address to March for Life n Washington DC, 1/19/2018
Pictures From Walk For Life-San Francisco 2019
Pictures From Walk For Life-San Francisco 2018
Saturday, January 27th, 2018
Ben Shapiro Provides Template On How To Defend Life!
When speaking at UC Berkeley recently, Ben Shapiro was question by a pro-choice student on how Ben could defend his Pro-Choice positions. The conversation went like this:
- Shapiro: “Any time you draw any line other than the inception of the child, you end up drawing a false line that can also be applied to adults, so either human life has intrinsic value or it doesn’t.”
- Shapiro queried whether they could agree on the premise the adult life has intrinsic value. The student stated that he believed IF sentience is present, “the ability to perceive or feel things”, then the person has moral value rather than just being a human without moral value.
- Shapiro responded, “OK, so when you’re asleep, can I stab you?” Ostensibly when you are asleep, you cannot perceive or feel things. The student said no.
- Shapiro went on, “OK, if you are in a coma from which you may awake, can I stab you?” The student was not sure but stated, “But that’s still potential sentience!”
- Shapiro added, “Do you know what else has potential sentience? Being a fetus,”
It is sad that human beings, especially those in the “civilized west”, wantonly engage in infanticide that is also genocide when applied to the high incidence of abortion among Blacks and Latino communities. Politicians will protect the lives of our most innocent and vulnerable, only God can rid humanity of this lunacy!